Tuesday 10 September 2013

Why I chose Media Studies for A-Level.


Why media?

I was always told by my brother that doing Media at Greenford 6th Form is one of the best choices he had made. Suggestions of doing media at A-Level then continued... Sometimes by my family, friends, and even my English teacher, Miss Rumblelow.

Over the course of my GCSE English I was taught by an amazing teacher. She taught both English and Media, however my high school did not offer Media Studies at GCSE level, so unfortunately I wasn't able to do Media earlier in life.

During our English 'speaking and listening' the debates would often be media related and I would love every moment of it... Media also compliments well with my future career as a teacher, as well as Business which is my other option at A-Level.

I want myself to not be caught up in the propaganda of media. I want myself to be able to use my own brain regarding issues and the way media portray situations and people.

My English teacher has been telling me for 2 years that I will do great in Media, and she has made me believe in myself, so here I am.. At a new environment, with new teachers and people to prove myself right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment